Pharmaceutical Technology Platforms
We offer formulation based special technology platforms to give the edge to our customers trying to be in the niche segments. The technology platforms can also be used to non-infringe the processes while developing a generic formulation
Nano formulations (Inhalation / Intranasal / Intravenous formulations)
Why Nano formulations?
- Alter pharmacokinetics and bio-distribution of drug
- Facilitate targeted delivery of drugs
- Sustained local therapeutic drug levels
- Reduced toxicity, side-effects
- Enhance stability: Peptides
- Enhance solubility of poorly soluble agents
- Intranasal Nano formulations: Anti Migraine
Localized delivery to brain, sustained release, decreased dosing frequency, enhanced permeability
Liposomes (Inhalation / Intravenous formulations)
- Serve as a solubilization matrix for poorly soluble agents
- Act as a pulmonary sustained release reservoir
- Facilitate intracellular delivery of drugs
- Prevent local irritation of lung tissue and reduce pulmonary toxicity
- Prolong local therapeutic drug levels
- Generate high intracellular drug concentrations
- Liposomes (Inhalation/ Intranasal)- Antifungal agent
Localized action in lung for treating fungal infection, sustains release, prevent local irritation of lung tissue, reduce pulmonary toxicity
- Increases solubility of drug in aqueous media.
- Increases half-life of the drug, thus reducing the dosage frequency.
- Stabilizes and improves the therapeutic activity of the drug.
- Reduces toxic side effects, and increases quality of life due to controlled release
- PEGylated formulations – Estrogen receptor antagonist
Increase solubility in aqueous media, increase the half-life due to prolonged circulation time, reduce toxicity, better stability over a wide range of temperature and pH.
- Opportunity to modify properties of drug
- To crystallize difficult API’s
- Alternative to salt form (useful for non-ionizable API’s)
- Co-Crystal – Carbamazepine
Enhanced physical stability, dissolution rate and oral bioavailability
- Formulation development of :
- Oral Liquids (solutions/suspensions)
- Chewable Tablets
- Mouth Dissolving (Dispersible) Tablets
- Powder for reconstitution
- Effervescent powders/tablets
- Age appropriate Tablets and capsules
- Taste Masking Technologies ( Art work can be changed)
In addition to simplistic approaches for paediatric formulations, Piramal R&D development services can offer Taste Masking technologies to achieve desirable formulations.
- Design regulatory strategy , clinical applications, review of CMC and clinical study reports
- NCE mindset of scientific understanding of kinetics and stability
- Regulatory understanding of global requirements
- Track record of aggressive learning to create competitive edge
- Ability to understand the product + package value
- Ahmedabad, India
- Mumbai, India